More than just a macro lens, the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED can achieve great results with nearly any subject. From breath taking close-ups with gorgeous background blur at its wider aperture settings, to detailed portraits and more, this versatile lens combines legendary NIKKOR optics and advanced Nikon lens technology for spectacular overall performance and superior image quality.
CAPTURE MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
Photograph beautiful close-up and macro images up to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio). Crisp sharpness and subtle details are made even more obvious by the dramatic background blur. The renowned micro NIKKOR optics deliver the best possible image quality, ensuring that even the finest details are captured.
Bring new levels of detail to a wide variety of subjects, including portraits. With its broad focusing range and fast f/2.8 maximum aperture, the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED is capable of more than just macro shots. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM), an exclusive Nikon technology, enables incredibly smooth, silent and accurate autofocusing with seamless manual focus override for increased versatility when adjustments are required.
Versatile standard macro lens with advanced technologies
The AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED combines legendary Micro NIKKOR optics and advanced Nikon lens technologies for stunningly sharp close-up and macro images up to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio). It produces beautiful bokeh (background blur) at its wider aperture settings, and with its wide focusing range, the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED is not limited to extreme close-up photography — achieve great results with nearly any subject.
• Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
• Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length, for consistent handling
• Two aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even at the widest aperture
• M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing
• ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
• Nano Crystal Coat and high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
• Closest focus distance of approximately 0.185 m
• Rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus objects appear more natural
• Accepts 62 mm filter attachments
Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)
12/9 (1 ED glass element, 2 aspherical lenses and 1 with Nano Crystal Coat)
Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format
Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format
Closest focusing distance
0.185 m (through the entire focal range)
Maximum reproduction ratio
Filter Attachment Size
Dimensions (approx.) (from the cameraâ€™s lens mounting flange)
73 x 89 mm
Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)
62mm snap-on front lens cap LC-62, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-42, Flexible lens pouch CL-1018